The Zoology Department houses over 52,000 bird specimens and over 14,000 specimens of mammals. Before specimens are placed in the collections, volunteers are needed to assist with prepping mammal study skins, skeletons, and tissues. This is a unique opportunity to have hands-on experience with a multitude of specimens from the Rocky Mountain and Great Plains region.
- Education or experience in Biology, Mammalogy, or Ornithology helpful
- Detail oriented and willing to learn new skills
- Manual dexterity skills
- Experience handling specimens
- Cooperative in a team environment, but able to follow instructions and work independently
- Must be able to commit to a set weekly schedule
Zoology staff will train.
Four to six hours shifts available Tuesday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to individual applicants 18 or older.
How To Apply
To apply please complete the online Adult Volunteer Application. If you have any questions please call the Volunteer Services Department at 303.370.6490.