Volunteers provide database support with the vertebrate collections in the Zoology Department that houses nearly 70,000 mammals and birds. This position assists the department with timely databasing of identified specimens.
- Solid computer skills (e.g. typing, file management)
- Databasing skills
- Experience in handling specimens preferred
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with care
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and understanding of natural history museum preferred
- High school diploma that includes a biology class
Extensive on the job training will be provided by the curator, collections manager, collections staff, and experienced and trained volunteers
Shifts are available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to individual applicants 18 and older.
How To Apply
To apply please fill out the Adult Application.
If you have any questions please call the Volunteer Services Department at 303.370.6490.