Do you love bugs? Are you computer savvy? Do you have gentle and steady hands? Zoology is looking for volunteers to provide support with databasing and cataloging unrecorded insect specimens. Must be comfortable handling small-pinned specimens.
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Solid computer skills
- Comfortable with transcribing foreign languages and cursive handwriting
- Solid geographical skills
- Experience handling small, fragile specimens
- Must be able to read small print
On the job training will be provided by the curator, collections manager, curatorial assistant, databasing assistant, and experienced volunteers.
Four hour shifts available, Tuesday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to applicants 18 or older
Complete the Adult Application. If you have any questions please call 303.370.6490.