Provide technical support with photography of collections specimens in the Zoology Department. Volunteers will photograph specimens from all Zoology collections, including: entomology, mammalogy, ornithology, arachnology and marine invertebrates and process images. Must be comfortable handling bones, dried vertebrate specimens and/or small-pinned specimens. Photography experience as well as knowledge of photography equipment is required.
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to handle small, delicate specimens safely
- Must be able to read small print
- Previous experience in photography of still items and lighting
- Solid oral communication skills
- Experience with data management in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator or similar photo-editing software
- Volunteers must be able to work independently once training is completed and with support from staff when necessary
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time
Some on the job training will be provided by the curator, collections manager, collections staff, and experienced and trained volunteers
Shifts available Tuesday - Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to applicants 18 or older.
Please complete the on-line Adult Application.
If you have any questions, please call 303.370.6490.