Volunteers will assist the Earth Sciences Department in a variety of tasks and projects related to ongoing vertebrate paleontology work supported by the National Science Foundation. Volunteers will maintain the highest degree of accuracy and precision in the tasks associated with curating microfossils.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Solid computer skills and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Solid experience handling delicate objects
- Ability to get along with Museum staff, volunteers, and general public
- Ability to see fine detail, with magnification as needed
On-the-job training and instruction will be provided for each task assigned. No previous experience in fossil identification necessary.
Shifts available between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday. Applicants must be able to volunteer for a four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to applicants 18 or older.
Complete the Adult Application. If you have any questions please call 303.370.6490.