Our Education Collections are authentic museum objects and part of the Museum's collections. What makes this collection unique and special is that that our community can interact with this collection on personal level. We encourage people of all ages to explore and discover the natural sciences through real, tangible experiences with our collections.
The Education Collections volunteer will be responsible for working with the education collections manager and the education collections assistant manager to maintain the daily responsibilities of the department by pulling specimens for carts and educational programs, putting specimens away, and preparing, cataloging, recording inventory, and assisting with daily operations.
- Ability to follow specific directions and see tasks through
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Steady hands
- Clear and legible penmanship
- Ability to see fine detail, with magnification as needed
- Solid experience handling delicate collection objects
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Solid working knowledge of computers
- Solid knowledge and understanding of a natural history museum
Education collections manager and assistant manager will train.
Shifts available Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - noon, Thursday, 8:30 a.m.–noon or 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. Applicants must be able to volunteer for at least one four hour shift each week with with a minimum of 20 shifts within one year.
Available to individual applicants 18 or older.
How To Apply
To apply please complete the online Adult Application. If you have any questions please call the Volunteer Services Department at 303.370.6490.